Tuesday 10 September 2013

COMFORT CERTANTIES and Blueberry Pancakes

Everyone has his little comfort certainty, that tiny thing that you’re sure you make better that anyone else –or at least in a decent way- that goes reinforcing your selconfidence when you need it.
You might draw beautifully, you might be able to speak while burping, you might moonwalk for kilometers.
As for myself..well, nothing really comes to my mind now but, at least, I thought I was able to cut an onion. Not in any artistic way, like, I cannot carve a caravell out of a watermelon, but still, I though I could at least cube it properly.
Turns out I cannot.
Well, I couldn’t, you all please be jelous.
After denying me even the tiniest certanty of knowing how to cube an onion –seriously, was I asking so much?- at least Gordon taught me how to do that. No, of course I’m not gonna share it with you, keep wandering in oblivion.
Nevertheless, I’m gonna share with you his recipe for a wowbreakfast.




INGREDIENTS:
125g flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 TBS sugar
2 eggs, separated
100ml milk
125g ricotta
100g blueberries



DIRECTIONS:
Sift the flour, baking powder,
salt and sugar in a
       bowl and mix together. Add the egg
       yolks and, gradually, the milk, whisking slowly.  When everything is well combined, fold in the ricotta and the blueberries.
In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites  until
stiff. 
      You should be able to turn the bowl watchin
       your egg whites miraculously defying gravity.
      At this point, add them carefully to the batter.
Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt in it a knob
      of butter with some oil. Cook the pancakes
      using 2 TBS 
      of batter each, 2 minutes per side until golden.

Gordon suggests to serve them with Greek yoghurt 
      and honey, which must be divine. We had them with a sprinkling of brown sugar. Also divine.


1 comment:

Naomi said...

I AM jealous of your onion-cutting craftsmanship. Mission complete! What concerns the blueberry pancakes: awesome, absolutely delicious, and from now on another recipe for guaranteed comfort certainty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...